Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Search Public Records Online For Saftey

As I was sitting here trying to decide on my next topic, it dawned on me I had missed a couple of key things. My goal with this blog is Your safety and security, and then the cool useful things you can do. My apologies for missing a key element in public records search.

Okay number 1: Who is looking after your kids? Very important, and especially now. I often hear news stories about abuse at daycare centers. This is something you need to check out, both the owners or staff and the business itself. Any past history of misconduct on the part of the individuals, will should be found in the public record. Essentially you are doing your own back ground checks on the people you are trusting your kids to. I know where I come from there were a lot of women who just baby sat in their home, while mom and dad were working. Not much if any government regulation here. Doing a simple online check of public records can tell you if there is a history of drugs, domestic abuse or violence, or any other thing that may raise a red flag. I know your saying " but she seems so nice". Yeah she probably is, and you'll know for sure. BUT, what about her husband? is he subject to having a bad day and taking it out on her or coming home drunk early one day. I know I am laying out the worst case here, that not all people are bad. Most are good, but as they say in the Boy Scouts "always be prepared". Especially when it's so easy.

Now number 2: I don't have this problem but some people I have seen around me do, domestic servants. For some of us common folks that's a real "hoot", but there are a lot of people out there that have the means to hire things done for them in and around the house. You have cleaning ladies (hope that's not sexist), nannies, maids, grounds keepers and let's not forget the pool boy! Each of these has access to your precious assets, be it your kids or your possessions. All these people can and should be checked. Even if they are not a US citizen, they can be checked. A warning if they are illegal, you may or may not find out their record. If they give you their real name you can see if they have been in trouble while here. I'll tell you after owning a business, the IDs they come up with are not a good representation of who they really are. So on that account beware!

Well I think that covers what I missed before, if I come up with more safety and security topics I will post them here for you. I'll try to get back to the fun stuff next time. Until then, I want you to think about something. You may have a home security system that you feel you need to keep you "possessions" safe, and you pay every month to keep that service. It's a good thing to have, but, why stop short of really protecting you family. For less than you spend on one month of home security you can have 5 years access to do research of public records online.

Until next time Have A Great Day!

No comments: